Vanilly, I watched Miss Guided after your recommendation last night and I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually funny. Not to mention the clever play of words in the title, in relation to the main character. The past few months have offered little reason to maintain a contrarian’s faith in network comedy (okay well I was just about to bring up Scrubs..but I can hear you doing it first).
Anyway, just like in Scrubs, artifice seems to be the fashion of the day: exaggerated (or just plain ridiculous) characters talking fake talk in worlds sealed off in bubble plastic. Though Scrubs tends to veer off into annoying character artifice at times, Miss Guided's ones are tolerable- till now. I think Tim's character is the funniest; his attempts of speaking proper Spanish (though he is the Spanish teacher) tickles me. The best part of the show is that it doesn’t rely on machine-gun rounds of dialogue; the pacing, entirely original, almost feels like a game of hopscotch. There is this ambient lunacy of fleshing out its characters’ idiosyncrasies.
I can't believe they had Jamie Lynn Spears doing a cameo in the second episode- brilliant much? Haha it looks like on sitcoms she apparently receives better adult supervision.
Monday, 24 March 2008
Miss Guided
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
scrubs much BORINGer in the later seasons, plus JD has always been the ultimatest annoyingest person on tv, like, HANDS DOWN. i think close seconds are the stupid mexican siblings on heroes.
oh man, those mexican siblings were like the pinnacle of irritation!! very pointless characters.
Post a Comment